Thank you to the lovely Lynda from http://lifeoflyndablog.blogspot.co.uk/ for tagging me in The Liebster Award Tag on Twitter! The Liebster Awards Tag is over all a get to know me post. 11 questions were asked and then I then have to tag other bloggers and ask them 11 questions back. I have done a few Get to Know me tags so I will link them below! But here are my questions I have been asked this time and my questions will be at the bottom! Enjoy!! :D.
- 1. Who is your favourite Blogger / Influencer?
I never really had a blog influencer, I won’t lie, I just started blogging. So for me I have discovered people as I have gone along and found them all as inspiring and influential as the next. Some of mine are; 1. http://www.emtalks.co.uk/, 2. http://bethnorton.co.uk/, 3. http://www.mariaj.co.uk/, & 4. http://emilywilliamsauthor.blogspot.co.uk/ all these women are such inspirations and I love reading their blogs!
- 2. What is your favourite social media platform? And what do you like most about it?
I would say twitter! I never get bored of it, Instagram follows closely behind.
- 3. How / Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging 3 years ago, the summer off during the first year of my uni degree. I wanted it originally as a place to vent and share favourites. Now it is so much more, it is still a “hobby” but one I love to do.
- 4. If you could create a product or brand what would it be?
I would love to combine my love for History and Books into one, so maybe a history magazine or a publishing company for historical books? I don’t know :).
- 5. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
Simply because, I love how it sounds! DBBloggerxoxo stands for “Dream Big Blogger” and the xoxo is a little thing from Gossip Girl (if anyone knows, they know) also, it does go a little more deeper. When I was at school, I was told countless times by the teachers that I would never amount to anything, I would never get anywhere or even study the subject I loved, History. How wrong they were though!! Since I am now a BA Hons History graduate from Hull University.. My head master had hope for many other people in my year though, all them but not me.. I love the fact I have proven him wrong. He was a horrible man who just took such a disliking too me and as a teacher that is incredibly unprofessional, especially when you are singled out and are made to feel bad on a daily basis by this person. I don’t feel like that anymore though, I’ve proved him wrong. I “Dreamt Big” 😉
- 6. What is the one thing you dislike about blogging?
I don’t like the stereo type that is thrown out there. My blog itself might not get as many views as others, but, this is because it’s probably not what everyone is interested in. Like Books, History, Life and Reviews. But! They’re my interest and, I know others are interested too. But, because my blog doesn’t fit in a set “niche” I sometimes feel like my blog misses out on the hype because of what I write about. But, that still wouldn’t stop me.
- 7. What is the best thing to happen to your blog so far?
I have been asked by quite a few authors to review their books! And I love this :). It’s been such an honour. And, posts I have written before have gotten me noticed by places such as “BBC History Magazine”. I have also had the opportunity too be a volunteer blogger for a fair few blogs! Which has been awesome.
- 8. If there was one thing you could change in the blogging industry what would it be and why?
Stereotyping. As mentioned above. (6)
- 9. What keeps you following and brings you back to blogs?
The person. Their content and the dedication everyone puts into their posts.
- 10. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Don’t worry about fitting in, write about what YOU want to write about. You’ll enjoy it more that way.
- 11. What would be your dream Blogger / Press trip? Where would you go and what would you blog about?
Rome. I would love to go out take new pictures and write about the history of such a beautiful place.
- Are you named after anyone?
- When was the last time you cried?
- Do you have kids?
- If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
- Do you use sarcasm a lot?
- What’s the first thing you notice about people?
- What is your eye color?
- Scary movie or happy endings?
- Favorite smells?
- What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
- Do you have any special talents?
And I challenge;
With love, Charlotte x