Anyone who knows me will know I always have a new book to read, as I do spend majority of my time reading and I throughly enjoy it.
I read to escape, I read because I love it and I read because I one day wish to become a well known author like the many wonderful authors stories I read. Reading to me though comes in the form of an actual book, not on an iPad, Tablets, iPhone etc. The feel of having a real book in my hand is what makes me happy, even the smell of a book.. Do I sound weird enough yet? I bet I’m not the only one who has this view though you know. Books are just awesome and sitting down to read one fills me with excitement.. Or maybe I just need to get out more? I don’t know :P.
So! I thought since this is something I spend a lot of time doing I would share with you guys my top favourite book genre’s and a few recommendations! 🙂 enjoy!!!
- Romance: Romance has to be my TOP favourite book genre, simply because I am a massively hopeless romantic. I am incredibly sappy and soppy, I love a good cry at a good romance book, I love a happy ending and majority of the Romance books I read tend to have a great sense of humour within them which is portrayed incredibly well by the author. A few top favourites of mine are; Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern (I did a review on this on my blog a while ago https://dbbloggerxoxo.wordpress.com/2014/09/14/love-rosie-book-review/), The boy who sneaks into my bedroom window by Kirsty Moseley & The dating detox by Gemma Burgess. If you love a good tear and gushy, soppy moments, then these are top picks for you!
- Erotic Romance Novels; Now, these types of books are not for everyone, so I will warn you if you get incredibly bashful or embarrassed about rude or sexual moments these will NOT be for you. I however, love a good erotic romance novel!! Not because I am some giant erotic pervert but, simply because I love how the authors I will recommend go about explaining in detail how the relationship between the two main characters are and why they rely on this sexual connection so much! I find the, incredibly interesting. A few top favourites of mine are; The Fifty Shades of Grey (FSOG) trilogy (FSOG, FSOGDarker, FSOGFreed & Grey) by E.L.James (I did a review on Grey here on my blog a while ago https://dbbloggerxoxo.wordpress.com/2015/07/12/book-review-e-l-james-grey/), The Crossfire Novels Trilogy (Bared to You https://dbbloggerxoxo.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/bared-to-you-book-review/), Reflected in You, Entwined with You, Captivated by You & One with You) by Sylvia Day & The This Man Trilogy (This Man, Beneath this Man, This Man Confessed) by Jodi Ellen Malpas. So if you wish to challenge yourself and see how adventurous you are, then these are the picks for you!
- History; Of course this genre had to make an appearance since History is another favourite thing of mine. However, I love to read a lot of “Fictional History”?.. You could call it! Because, I find these types of books do very much centre around the actual time period they just exaggerate the characters more so my imagination just goes with it! But I also enjoy the normal historical books too! A few top favourites of mine are; The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory, in fact, all of Philippa’s books are a favourite of mine! I think she is an amazing author and her books are very much worth the read, The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir & The Queen of Subtleties by Suzannah Dunn.
- Fantasy; Fantasy! For someone who has a very wide and broad imagination this of course comes into a top favourite of mine because fantasy could literally lead or take you anywhere, you can just escape into it and it’s just over all so enjoyable. A few top favourites of mine are; The Harry Potter books by J.K.Rowling (I’m sure I do not need to listen these since EVERYONE knows the titles to the books, if not from reading them themselves but at least from the films!) & The Lord of the Ring Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien. These two will always and have always been my favourite fantasy books to go back over and read, filled with elves, goblins, witches, wizards, spells & unusual creatures these books are just my absolute fantasy geek out!
- Thriller; Now, I only have one book title here for this one, but this has recently become a favourite genre of mine and I plan to read much more within it soon! Thriller recently became a surprising favourite of mine due to a book I was asked to review through LoveReading, this book is called Missing Pieces by Heather Gudenkauf, this book completely hooked me and I fell in love with it! It is a truly amazing book and has switched my views on thrillers, making me want to read more thriller based books in the future! (My review can be found here if you need more reason to go read it, https://dbbloggerxoxo.wordpress.com/2016/03/12/missing-pieces-by-heather-gudenkauf-lovereading-book-review/)
These are my top 5 so far! I have many more book genres I would LOVE to share with you, so if you guys would like that, just comment down below saying “YES” and I will go ahead and do another blog post like this! 😀 for i am always reading new books so the genre taste broadens.
With love, Charlotte x